It's been a while.
I know, I know... I'm a lazy bastard. Get over it. lol.
But anyways, yeah. Why am I writing this now instead at a later date, one may ask?
Well, I shall inform you of the reason why..
I have this friend. His/Her name will be kept a secret from the internet, but let's call him/her ... L.Z. I've been reading his/her blogs for quite a while now, and each time I've read it I am always left with something. It can either be me learning something valuable, or being left with some sort of feeling. It varies. Usually, I am left feeling either happy or sad or angry or something along those lines. He/she types in such a way that it truly does touch my heart. I can honestly relate with what is written, and maybe that's why I'm back here again.
So I can allow you to relate with my experiences and thoughts, with my feelings and emotions at the time of my written entry.
Just like him/her.
And now, we begin.
So ... What now?
I'm back in my home country. It's been two year since my last visit. Two years in the land down under. Two years away from home.
Two years away from my old culture. Two years living in a new one.
Two years of deprivation from the food I was brought up with. Two years of consuming the food I could only imagine as a kid.
Everything's changed. My family has changed over the years. It's amazing. The mother's side of the family is ...strangely different from what I can remember.
Something seems a bit off... a bit ... weird. But maybe it's just me. More on that later.
My dad's side on the other hand, seems to be the same as usual. My cousin Khai is still the same awesome self, with his unusual and strangely cool accent he has. An unusual mix of the English and Malaysian accent. And by English, I mean the really posh posh English that you hear in Great Britain. Not the one you hear in Malaysia. If that was so. He'd sound like a melayu for all I know. lol.
Being back home.. It's strangely nostalgic. Everything here is simply amazing, it brings back so many memories, mainly the good, the bad and the fugly. The food is still the same. Maybe even better since I haven't had it for quite a while now... Best dish I've had recently was the Roast pork/Chicken rice dish. *drool*. And it was only ... RM 4.50!!! Like wow. That's. Freaking. Amazing.
.Amazing.
.Freaking.
.That's.
Yeah.
So what else is new?... Well... I've played squash the other day. It was rather fun. Did some crazy warm ups with my big cousin. I realized during the time that I could not reach my toe anymore with my legs straight. It just wasn't possible during the time. It was AFTER, but just not before the squash.
And yeah. Squash was fun. The feeling that was involved in it was indescribable. It was beyond comprehension. All I could say to myself, after that, was ..." I've found my niche, my SPORT, my physical exercise of choice.". And I'll have to tell you this now. That's a BIG THING for me to say. Like its so huge that if what I said was solid. It'd fill up the universe and all of space.
Yeah. That big. lol.
So yeah, my cousin hooked me up with the Selangor squash coach. Twas some Pakistani coach who coaches the Selangor squash professional players. From what I've been told. His name goes along the lines of ... Sahad, Jahad, Hajad, or something. But man. He was cool. Totally cool and strong. And a bit tough.
He made me do a couple of footwork excercises, which I kinda found a bit tough. I kept stumbling for a bit ... I had to do a few running and hitting exercises as well. Which was fun. But tiring. Which sucks. I've realized during the time that my stamina is in a disgustingly all time low. I was already puffed out after 10 minutes of running around. MY GAWD.
Back to the treadmills I go.
And yeah, I also pulled some muscle in my thigh. Wanna know why?. It's cos I jumped and kinda toppled over my coach... and then kinda pulled the muscle on impact with the ground ... kinda.
...kinda.
Okay anyways, that's it for now. My spur has came and gone. And now I must take my leave.
Take care.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i wanna see more updates young (old) man. or else.
Post a Comment